Friday, January 18, 2013

American Dream

   Everyone has a dream. "I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I still have a dream."  said Martin Luther King Jr. He was a strong person. He lead against racism. He wanted everything to be equal. Despite everything that happened and all the people that wanted him dead he still had a dream and was going to pursue it!
   I have a dream. My dream is to stop poverty. I couldnt imagine what life would be like living on the street and not knowing when you're going to get your next meal. I think to myself how can one person stop all that? How can that make a big difference? Martin Luther King Jr. was one person and he pursued his dream so I use him as my inspiration and motivation!
  Where would I start? I would get involved with the NASW (National Assocaiation of Social Workers). I'd call them and tell them I want to help make the poverty levels go down. Everyday 25,000 die of hunger because they cant afford to give their bodies the food they need. This makes them sick and to weak o work. I want to be their little push they get when someone helps you get back on your feet!
  My next step in putting this dream in to action. I would talk to my friends, family, and school about how we could raise money to help not only the Unites States but other countries as well. Getting churches and the community involved can help make a difference in someone else's life. Not only would we raise money but we could send can goods or clothes that we don't wear or need to those who need it most! I'd send all this stuff to an organization who helps change others lives.
  Doing this to help change the world and making it a better place will fill my heart! I hope that doing good will help influence others to follow along! Sometimes we don't realize what we have and how much we take for granted. I pray that by fulfilling this dream I can help make someone else's dreams come true too!

No comments:

Post a Comment